We reserve the right to choose the appropriate cage or substitute cages at anytime but will accommodate your requests as best as we can.
What to Expect at Your Event
Tell us how many doves you'd like, the colour and theme you've chosen, where, and when you're event is, pay the fee, and we will do the rest. We like to keep it simple.
Our dove handler will:
- arrive prior to event and set up
- can decorate the display with silk flowers or you may have your florist add real flowers
- hand the doves to participants
- may play an appropriate CD on a portable player and/or read a poem
- may say a few words if requested
- dismantle and remove display
It's a Celebration of Life! All dove releases include a dove handler who will arrive at your pre-determined location prior to the event where they will set up a table with a beautiful and appropriate display to suit the occasion, the requested number of doves in their release cages, and may provide ornamental silk flowers and/or decorative elements added to compliment the event. Our dove handler may explain to the gathering why the doves are being used for this event, and can reassure your guests that these doves will be travelling home to our dove loft. Please let our handler know if you wish the handler to say a few short words. Our dove handler will facilitate the handling of the doves as requested, either by showing participants how to hold and release their dove or how to open the cage they have been provided with. Once the ceremony has concluded the dove handler will dismantle the display and leave to receive and attend to the doves that will be returning home.
10 doves for $400
Includes cage, ornamentation, and dove handler
*Dove(s), full display, and handler are included in this price
The Grand Managerie:
4 Old Dutch Capuchines
2+ White Zebra Finches
1 Ceremony Facilitator/ Bird Handler
Tables, Tablecloths and Ornamentation
All cages needed
Cinderella Cage is optional at no additional charge
Regular Price is $820 Special Package Price is Only $600
Facilitator/Handler remains on location to care for our birds.
All set up and deconstruction is included.
A $50 deposit is required to secure your order. Once received your request is considered confirmed.
Please give 14 days notice of cancellation to receive a full refund on your deposit.
Payments can be made by cash, credit card, PayPal, cheque, or e-transfer.
Terms and Conditions
- We release only healthy white rock doves that have been properly trained.
- We do not release in the United States. My apologies. May I suggest contacting the National Pigeon Association at [email protected] or whitedovesociety.com for a suggested Dove/Pigeon Fancier near you.
- Our birds can safely locate their way home from 60km away. This easily contains an area from parts of Hamilton to Fort Erie and Selkirk to Niagara-on-the-Lake.
- We will not release our birds in heavy rain, fog, extremely high wind, or any other acts of nature. Niagara Dove Release reserves the right to make the final decision to cancel release. The safety of the birds comes first.
- Our birds will not be released at night and must be released at least two hours prior to sunset because, like all birds, they simply fall asleep. We will not release the birds at indoor events and we do not ship birds for self-release. You are purchasing services not the birds. The birds will not be released if there is any danger to their safety. This includes loose animals, overhead wires, or predators at the discretion of Niagara Dove Release.
- Birds are live animals and that means that they have to eliminate waste however by pre-planning and prolonging the time between meals in accordance to your event time we can avert possible avian faecal mishaps. The handler will also be able to instruct participants in the proper gentle handling of the dove in order to prevent an accident from occurring however should a dove poop unceremoniously upon a participant please understand we will not be held liable for an accidental act of nature. As professional dove handlers we do everything possible to prevent such accidents on your special day. It is our intention to make your event memorable in a positive way.
- Our white doves are exceptionally clean and we allow them to bathe on a regular basis. We provide hand sanitizer at your event for your convenience and piece of mind. A healthy Dove releases white powder from their feathers. You may find your hands feel powdery after holding a dove. Please be considerate of your guests and use the hand sanitizer before shaking hands with people. Some people have allergies to birds and we do our best to avoid causing anyone to react.
- Some guests may not be as comfortable with wildlife as you are. At Niagara Dove Release we strive to reacquaint people with nature without causing undue fear of it. We are happy to answer questions and help individuals learn more about the gentleness or our birds. If anyone wishes to pet a bird we will happily accommodate their request as long as time permits. Our birds are friendly and used to being around people but are quick to try to fly if they feel there's a threat. Small children (and dogs) are curious and will automatically run up to the cage and try to get as close to the bird as possible and as handlers we are aware of this curiosity and are prepared to intercept as needed. We ask your assistance in helping to restrain them to the best of your abilities.
- Event date and time must be scheduled at least one week in advance excepting funerals and must be agreed upon by Niagara Dove Release.
- Release must take place within 45 minutes of scheduled time.
- If the release is cancelled by Niagara Dove Release due to inclement weather or other acts of nature, the person named on this certificate will be entitled to the cash value of the certificate.
- If the scheduled release is cancelled by the certificate holder at any time, this certificate will be void and no cash will be issued by Niagara Dove Release.
- Please be advised that any images obtained by Niagara Dove Release during your event may be utilized in the promotion of our services. We do not take images of attendees during funerals or memorials unless requested although we may take display images of our birds before or after attendees have arrived or left. If you do not wish any images relating to your event to be used please inform us in writing/email and we will abide by your wishes respectfully.